Prairie Buddha Bowl
January 22, 2020
PRAIRIE BUDDHA BOWL
CREATED BY CHEF DALE MACKAY
- ½ cup CO-OP GOLD PURE Original Cashew Hummus
- 1 cup LIBERTÉ Kefir, plain
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked CO-OP GOLD PURE Laird Green Lentils, drained and cooled
- 2½ cups chopped or ripped kale leaves
- ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1½ cups diced beets, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced sweet potato, blanched until tender
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- ½ cup matchstick-cut apple
- ½ cup DAIRYLAND Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced or ripped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Place dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Combine lentils, kale, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and mix well.
- Divide the salad onto the bottoms of four bowls.
- Arrange each garnish on the salad in lines or whatever arrangement suits your eye.
- Drizzle extra dressing on top. Sprinkle with dill and sunflower seeds.